“Breaking the Cycle of Crime One Inmate at a Time”
Volunteers play an important role in the chaplain program in Contra Costa County. Each volunteer who funtions inside the jail is cleared and approved by the chaplains and the Sheriff’s Department. The clearance process takes two months or more and includes a background check.
Two annual training sessions are provided each year. Volunteers are required to take in at least one. Information is on the “Restricted” page.
- Teach Bible classes – Clearance required
- Conduct worship services - Clearance required
- Clergy visits - Clearance required
- Grade Bible lessons – work from home
- Serve on the Banquet Committee
- Serve on the Golf Committee